[ltp] [ACPI] T40 2373-8CG with this setup is not affected by the power drain[/ACPI]

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 02 Feb 2005 21:35:29 -0700

Bob Alexander wrote:
> Tomek Jarzynka wrote:
>
>> Hmmmmm... Do you have regular software suspend compiled in?
>> Or only Software suspend 2? As a module, or in the kernel?
>> How do you issue a hibernate and standby command?
>>
>> For me, state 3 works only for short suspends. Longer suspends
>> tend to lock the machine on wakeup (the backlight comes up and
>> that's all).
>>
>> Swsusp2 works only from console, rendering it unusable after
>> resume. So when issued from X, the machine seems to freeze/the
>> display is garbled.
>>

> Tom, please go to my wiki page on this topic in which I have also
> attached many files (the complied kernel, the patches, many config
> files) hoping it will be able to help someone. Please let me know if you
> found it helpful and any corrections/additions.
>
> http://chefacciamo.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Debian/ACPIpowerOK
Here is a good question, has anyone compiled and produced a Red Hat
Package from Bob's work?  I am working on this, but I don't want to
redo.  I would like to test it on an A22p, since I have problems waking
with another kernel.

James McKenzie