[ltp] keyboard screwed up after coming back from sleep

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:56:22 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> So, sometimes, just sometimes, my keyboard mapping is all broken when I come
> back from sleep (like space generating multiple characters and so forth)
>
> I can go back to text mode by ssh'ing in and chvt 1
> d gives HH
> g gives ..
> enter doesn't work
> space is ``
> tab is ==
> etc...
>
> 1) can I avoid that?
> 2) how can I restore the keyboard to normal operation (at least through
>    remote ssh)?

If you can find a way to type "<some repeatable string><enter>", how about
aliasing that to "reset"?  Beforehand, that is, since you obviously can't do
it at the time.

How about switching to ttyn (1<=n<=6) then back to X?

              An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of
               being called an idea at all.  -Oscar Wilde