[ltp] partial success w/ radeon-patch on T41

Ulrich Kuehn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 03 Feb 2005 11:02:18 +0100

No, the cpu freq is not the point here. I ran a test with cpu set to
full speed in both situations (fresh boot, after sleep). The speed issue
is still there.
BTW, my sleep script stops the freq daemon before sleep and restarts it
afterwards, which --at least for suspend-to-disk-- is a good idea, as
the acpi core and the cpu speed then remain synchronized.

The annoying sound seems to come and go in short intervals (matter of
seconds) especially if the system is on battery power. If I ever manage
to get hold of a good microphone I will try to record it to analyse it a
bit further. Maybe the frequency of the signal is instructive...

In the mean time, are there others on the list who experience the same
problems? Especially with the M7 and a 1024x768 display?

Ulrich