[ltp] Release of T43 means reductions on T42p?

Paul Hornshaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:19:46 +0000

Hi All,

First off, please excuse my bad manners by posting from XP -- I do dual
boot but I have to be able to run M$ sw at work and I'm working at home
at the moment :-[

I'm a new Thinkpad user, got an R40e, dual booting XP and SuSE 9.2 very
nicely, apart from the IBM buttons and ACPI of course, since October
last year. I know it's not a T42p but even as a its little brother, it
still knock spots off my older Toshiba and HP lappies.

I've had a drool over the T43 pages on IBM's US site, thanks to another
poster.  Will the T42p fall in price soon after the T43 hits the
shelves?  And if so, how much have IBM discounted the price on "older"
models in the past in the UK?

Any clues would be very greatfully received, as they would form part of
my begging script to "she who must be obeyed", as she just doesn't
understand why I lust after such a wonderful machine. :-D

Cheers and TIA for any clues.

Paul Hornshaw