[ltp] Hibernate on R50

Konstantin Filtschew linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 13:26:13 +0100

hi,

I've tried this on my T40 but without success, there were Problems
with Xwindows freezes and hardware lockups. I had system freezes and
other stuff. The included software suspend is not useable for my
Thinkpad.

Why you don't want to try 2.6.9 or 2.6.10 with software-suspend-2. It
works great. It is not hard to compile a kernel, if this is your
problem.

I wouldn't recommend the setup with 2.6.11-rc2, because it's a beta (in
my opinion alpha) Kernel and have several Problems. I use 2.6.10 with
software-suspend-2 patch without problems.

The only thing what can be fixed by 2.6.11-rc2 is the high powerloss but
after the update to 2.6.11-rc2 with the radeon patches, I had bigger
problems with software-suspend and kernel faults (300MB log files in 14
hours, it's alpha !!!!).

My advice is the Kernel 2.6.10 with swsusp2 from:
http://softwaresuspend.berlios.de/download.html

Greetz

Konstantin