[ltp] Debian XFree86 750P, anyone?

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:57:49 -0600

> Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 18:40:58 -0500 (EST)
> From: Eben King <eben1@tampabay.rr.com>

> On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Chris Schumann wrote:
> (something about 320x200 on my 750P)

> What happens when you set 640x480 b&w in /etc/X11/XF86Config?
>  Any unusual
> lines in /var/log/messages or /var/log/XFree86.0.log ?

Well, the XF86Config-4 has a line that says the controller is
a generic VGA. I know the chip is a WD 90C24 and that is in the
svga package, but I don't think that is installed, because when
I select it, X won't start and tells me the file is missing.

I do have networking going, so I can apt-get and ftp and
whatever. Even if I could get a virtual screen going, it would
be a little more useful.

Right now, the log file says that I have 64K of video memory,
but there's really 1024K. I tried tweaking the file with no
better results; I either get 320x200 or nothing.

What's the next step?