[ltp] Battery management

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 04 Feb 2005 11:07:42 -0600

Ignacion,

    I always recommend fully charging the battery and then removing the
whole power from the battery until the PC even shuts down. It makes my
batterys live longer. I haven't received my IBM so I'm not too aware of
the apps for the IBM's, but there could be a Battery Calibration util or
so from IBM.

    There was once an Issue I saw with acpi and the T42 where the PC
wouldn't shutdown and then drain 10% immediately from the battery. I had
this issue once and left the PC overnight as it was OFF. but really
wasn't and killed my battery.

    Just make sure ACPI is current and working. I use 2.6.9 and works
fine for me in a previous T40.

Keep fluent the usage of that battery, even if you don't use it.

- Alejandro