[ltp] Battery management

Winsley von Spee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 04 Feb 2005 19:00:05 +0100

Detecting the current state of a battery is very tricky. Even with good
measurement it is not possible to get a 100% answer ... A battery
charger normally pursues the current resistor and the temperature over
the time. For example if you charge the battery for about 2 hours and in
the last 5 minutes the temperature raises for about 20% and before just
for 5% then it is an symptom of a full battery ... same for resistor ...
so it could happen very easily that the state that acpi reports is not
very accurate.

Greetz