[ltp] keyboard screwed up after coming back from sleep

Marc MERLIN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 16:47:41 -0800

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 11:56:22PM -0500, Eben King wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>
> > So, sometimes, just sometimes, my keyboard mapping is all broken when I come
> > back from sleep (like space generating multiple characters and so forth)
> >
> > I can go back to text mode by ssh'ing in and chvt 1
> > d gives HH
> > g gives ..
> > enter doesn't work
> > space is ``
> > tab is ==
> > etc...
> >
> > 1) can I avoid that?
> > 2) how can I restore the keyboard to normal operation (at least through
> >    remote ssh)?
>
> If you can find a way to type "<some repeatable string><enter>", how about
> aliasing that to "reset"?  Beforehand, that is, since you obviously can't do
> it at the time

I haven't even been able to find enter yet :(
But the problem isn't that, I can ssh in remotely and type commands.
reset won't fix the keyboard

> How about switching to ttyn (1<=n<=6) then back to X?

I can do that, and the keyboard is broken both in text consoles and X
(couldn't quite tell what I was getting in X last time because my X console
was locked)

Marc