[ltp] Re: t4* and acpi

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 05 Feb 2005 19:50:32 -0700

Volker Braun wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:18:45 +0100, Steffen Dreise wrote:
>
>>Hi does anyone have an working acpi with susp(2) and so on? Links are
>>welcome ;)0
>

> Swsusp2 does not work any more since 2.6.10. Not sure whats broken, my
> machine hangs during resume.

Volker:

Strange as it may sound, I got swsusp2 to work, once, after I downloaded
and attempted to install ibm-acpi .1.  However, your kernel had ibm-acpi
compiled in rather than as a module.  I'm thinking that upgrading to
this version of ibm-acpi will correct the problem with swsuspd2 hanging
on restore.

BTW, I picked up the hibernate script, and this showed that the problem
with the restore is a kernel panic.

--
James McKenzie