[ltp] Security chip forgot phrase password R51

Ulrich Kuehn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 06 Feb 2005 17:47:57 +0100

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 10:52 -0500, Brad Langhorst wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 16:14 +0100, daniel sanchez wrote:
> > Hello, i forgot my security phrase, Is there any way to get it? anyone
> > knows if the phrase is stored in hdd or in the security chip?
> >
> > In other way, is there any software to use the security chip in linux?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> You're screwed... I think you have to replace some part on the
> motherboard to do the reset.

No, wait! As far as I know the security chip support some operation like
owner override to clear the chip and take ownerchip again. That's at
least what I read in the TCG's TPM specification.

BUT, all your data that is sealed using the chip will be lost!

Hope this helps
Ulrich