[ltp] T-42p external VGA not working...

Yury Prilutsky linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 20:57:52 -0800

On Saturday 05 February 2005 08:27 am, Oren Gross wrote:
> I read the Email exchange (Dual monitor setup on T42p, anyone?) between
> Yury Prilutsky & Alex Deucher and could not figure out what to do/

FWIW, I can send you my /etc/X11/xorg.conf if it helps.
I am not familiar with FC3, I am using Slackware with X.org 6.8.1.
What I currently have:
two screens work OK with the MergeFB option of the radeon driver;
the external LCD (Dell 2001FP) is connected via the VGA port;
Both internal and external screens are running at 1600x1200;
DVI  connection - no luck (the only thing I really miss in this setup)
glxgears shows slightly less then 300fps;
I can switch between the dual- and single-screen modes using the KDE control
panel without the need to restart X.

Yury