Re[2]: [ltp] Hibernate on R50

U Kuehn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 06 Feb 2005 13:32:59 +0100

Emmanuel,

It's actually best to have a kernel parameter indicating the resume
partition, as the warning says (in lilo its the append directive).

It works every time for me.

Well, actually, there might also be another reason for a warning from
suspend2, but that't rather unrelated to what you report. It's about
partitions being mounted rw which micht cause corruptions if you mount a
partition rw between suspend and resume, as the suspended kernel might
have dirty buffers or so.

Hope this helps,
Ulrich