[ltp] Battery drain during suspend to RAM fixed on R51 too.

JP Renaud linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:50:26 +0000

Following Bob's great advice, I managed to get the battery drain on a R51
(1829-9MG) from 5,294 mW to 828 mW. I used the following in the 05* radeon
patch:
{
+               .ident = "IBM ThinkPad R51 (1829-9MG)",
+               .matches = {
+                       DMI_MATCH(DMI_SYS_VENDOR, "IBM"),
+                       DMI_MATCH(DMI_PRODUCT_NAME, "18299MG"),
+                }

so maybe this model should be added to the list of "working" models?
[ I am not sure who to email for this ... or maybe you read this list]

My R51 is now close to being perfect for my needs (Suspend to RAM and disk
work fine, 3D acceleration is OK, wireless good, Thinkpad buttons, CPU
frequency scaling etc ...)

I am compiling a summary of the whole process of configuring the R51 with
Gentoo Linux. I'll post a link to the page here later this week hopefully.

JP

--
JP Renaud