[ltp] SuSE 9.2 - Thinkpad

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 09 Feb 2005 11:11:12 -0500

In the SuSE 9.2 Control Center, there's an item called "IBM Thinkpad
Laptop", which includes a setting "Run Thinkpad KMilo plugin".  Does
anyone know what this does?  There's no info on this, in the help
center.  Also, using IBM Thinkpad Laptop, requires /dev/nvram
permissions to be set to 664 or 666, instead of the default 600.
However, even though I can set this manually, it does not stay through a
reboot.  I have tried adding the command to boot.local, but it doesn't
appear to work there either.  Is there any way, to make the permissions
stick?

tnx jk