[ltp] SuSE 9.2 - Thinkpad

Ruben Jenster linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:27:30 +0100

--nextPart4847063.ZGjYk3iNVE

I assume SuSE 9.2 uses udev. You can modify a udev rule to adjust=20
the nvram device permissions.

put the following in rule /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules:

#begin code

# nvram=20
KERNEL=3D"nvram*", OWNER=3D"root", GROUP=3D"root", MODE=3D"664"

# end code

Every *.rules file where * is a number that is smaller than 50 overwrites t=
he=20
50-udev.rules. After executiong udevstart the permissions of the devices=20
should be adjusted acording to the rules in /etc/udev/rules.d.
=46or creating udev rules look at the udev manpage and at=20
http://www.reactivated.net/udevrules.php.

Regards

Ruben