[ltp] switch between clone mode and second screen

Ulrich Kuehn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 09 Feb 2005 20:30:06 +0100

Hi,

I am just wondering if there is a way to switch the external DAC output
between clone mode and a second, independent screen.

My reasoning is as follows: I have a 17" monitor with 1280x1024
resolution which I would like to use in addition to the internal
display. Using the ServerLayout section in XF86Config works fine here.

But for giving presentations on a typical beamer, the resolution is just
too high, usual is 1024x768; furthermore I like to see what's beamed to
the wall. So the clone mode is the method of choice here.

Is there a tool that allows to switch between both modes without
restarting X? I am aware that only the internal display would probably
be cloned, not the external.

Can someone give me hint with this issue?

Ulrich