[ltp] ACPI suspend problem on T23

khosrow hassani linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:20:43 -0800 (PST)

ello all,
I am running Debian Sarge on my IBM ThinkPad t23 and I
just upgraded to kernel 2.6.8. I compiled the kernel
from the source with Debian distribution patches.
to make the ThinkPad special keys work, I downloaded
version 0.8 of ibm_acpi module source from
http://ibm-acpi.sf.net/. making and installing the
module went smoothly. then I wrote appropriate scripts
in /proc/acpi/events and /proc/acpi/actions to send
command 3 to /proc/acpi/sleep when pressing Fn-F4 key
combination. my laptop goes to sleep when I do so, but
the problem is that after resuming (I have to press
poweron key ), my external mouse and network stop
working!! I don't think this is a problem of ibm_acpi,
because I also tried the hibernation package from
Debian with sysfs_power_state method and got exactly
the same problem. I think ACPI is not just capable
enough to communicate with my BIOS properly. I have
the latest BIOS version from IBM site installed.
does anybody have any idea why this is not working?

 thanks,
 Khosrow

=====
growing OLD is mandatory, growing UP is optional !