[ltp] Thinkpad R40 freezes after swsusp resume

John M Flinchbaugh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 07:46:38 -0500

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

I can suspend my R40 with swsusp, then boot it and resume fine most of
the time.

I'd say nearly 50$ of the time though, the machine will freeze within 5
minutes of resuming.

SysRq doesn't work, no oops when in console mode, no network, no disk=20
activity, just frozen.  Occassionally, I've seen a line or 2 of=20
pixels on my X screen get corrupted.

Here are some of the things I've tried adjusting:
pci=3Drouteirq.
pci=3Dnoacpi (or whatever it is).
shutting down hotplug over suspend to disable USB.
disabling cpudynd and CPU frequency scaling.
=2E..and probably a few other things i'm forgetting.
enabling lapic seemed to almost make it worse.

is any common hardware or subsystems on these machines known to not
suspend and resume properly?  i never see these freezes on a clean boot,
and if the machine survives 10 minutes after a resume, i'll not see it
freeze either.  i've witnessed this with every kernel, since i got the
machine in september (2.6.8.1, 2.6.9, 2.6.10, 2.6.11-rc3).

and finally, i know no one's had answers for me on this yet, so what
can i do to locate the problem and debug this myself?  is there a way to
get past these lockups to at least get a call trace to see where i'm
stuck?

thank you everyone.
--=20
John M Flinchbaugh