[ltp] Which Driver for my Video (A22p)?

James Mckenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:17:40 -0600 (CST)

I'm having fun building kernels for Software Suspend 2 and ran into the following problem:

1.  If I build a kernel with the Rage 128 video 'built-in' to the kernel, my screen goes blank about the same time that the init changes to level 5.
2  If I build a kernel with the Radeon video 'built-in' to the kernel this does not happen.

The results of lspci shows the card as a ATI Rage Mobility M3 AGP 2x, which should work with the Rage 128 drivers (if I remember correctly).

So, does this video 'card' need the Rage drivers or the Radeon?

If so, I have to find a solution to the battery drain problems experienced by the Radeon driver.  I get about eight hours of battery time before it goes dead on suspend.

--
James McKenzie

This message was sent from a PCS Phone from Sprint.
Get a free PCS Mail account!
Sign up via the Web Browser on your Sprint Phone
or at http://www.sprintpcs.com.