[ltp] my t23 modem, wvdial, reprised

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:58:11 -0500

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:31:08 -0800
Michael Perry <mperry@lnxpowered.org> wrote:

> Does anyone use wvdial with the ltmodem device on the thinkpad t23?
> Care to do some good old fashioned sharing on how you did it?  I'm using
> debian unstable here with a 2.6.10 kernel.  I already packed up my
> laptop for a trip I am taking to the "land of no broadband", but
> basically wvdial says "failed to get information from the serial
> device".

Manually loading the lt modules before trying to use wvdial *might* help.
  I had similar issues in Fedora (2.6.9 kernel) until I just went
ahead and loaded the modules on boot.  (I use dialup nearly every day,
though :) )

I use an X22, but I think we have the same sort of modem.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/