[ltp] [ACPI] Thinkpad radeon_pm.c patches (T40 2373-8CG with this setup is not affected by the power drain)

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:46:29 -0700

Bob Alexander wrote:
> James McKenzie wrote:
>
>> Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 09:26 -0500, Pete Toscano wrote:
>>>
>> Where do you find this?  This may sound strange, but my A22p needs
>> radeon support, not Rage128.  If I compile in Rage128 only support, I
>> get a blank screen about half way through the boot process with
>> 2.6.11-rc3.
>>

> not sure what you're asking but use dmidecode to see your type/model as
> in the BIOS.

Bob and the rest of the list:

I built a kernel based upon Volker Braun's fantastic work (thank you
Volker) which incorporates Software Suspend 2.1.6 and 2.6.11-rc3.  After
pounding my head against the wall, I found that there must be some sort
of bug in Rage 128 support, or the Rage M3 mobility in my A22p REQUIRES
radeon support when building video into the kernel.  If I build modules
(which will not suspend without X going berserk and processor locking my
system), lsmod shows r128 as one of the loaded modules.

So, here is the output of dmidecode for my A22p:

System Information
                 Manufacturer: IBM
                 Product Name: 2629Y1U
                 Version: Not Available

As you can see, it is not a standard 2629-Uxx (A22p).  It is possible
that the video system was upgraded before I bought this system, but
highly unlikely.

Anyway, what is the status of the radeon patch to control power.

--

James McKenzie