[ltp] Re: ACPI suspend problem on T23

Michael Perry linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:25:50 -0800

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 10:48:30PM +0100, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 10. Februar 2005 02:05 schrieb Michael Perry:
>
> > Finally, what is the bios revision you are running and have you updated
> > both that and the power management firmware of late?  That helps out
> > quite a bit.
>
> Hello Michael,
>
> Today I searched on the IBM webpage for the power management firmware, but
> I didn't found a single reference to it. That doesn't mean much given the
> overwhelming amount of material on IBMs webpage. Can you give me any
> hint? I tried searching several variants. I will try again tomorrow when
> I have broad band access.
>
> Well I did found a newer BIOS version and a newer version of the embedded
> controller program than the one I am using. I didn't expect IBM would do
> any updates for T23 anymore. I will try those definately as the change
> notes hint at that some things regarding ACPI were fixed.
>
> I was lacking time to get further in getting suspend to work on my
> ThinkPad. But I think sooner or later I give it another try with a self
> compiled kernel 2.6.10.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Martin 'Helios' Steigerwald - http://www.Lichtvoll.de
> --

Man...

I keep on getting the name of the second thing wrong.  The update I did
was to the embedded controller program.  I went back and looked on my
laptop and found some notes I kept.  Sorry about that.  The power
management thing is a XP/2000 upgrade.

Sorry about that.

--
Michael Perry | do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org