[ltp] FC3 which package to remove for lm_sensors?

Kelvin KAN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:50:47 +0800

Hi,

I just installed FC3 on my T42 from DVD and chose the option "Install
Everything" because I have a huge 80GB drive.  But I found lm_sensors is
installed by default, and apparently set to running:

1.  /etc/init.d/lm_sensors exists
2.  chkconfig lm_sensors says it is scheduled to running on run-levels
2,3,5,6.

I know the issue of lm_sensors breaking some TP h/w since the era of
600E and have been trying to avoid it.

Any idea how to remove lm_sensors completely i.e. which package?

Back in RH 7.3, I could still choose "Install Everything" and then
uncheck the lm_sensors explicitly listed under the System Tools and
System Development groups of packages.  But now in FC3, seems I don't
have the flexibility to deselect individual packages after I've clicked
on "Install Everything".

Thanks,
-
kelvin.