[ltp] Re: ACPI suspend problem on T23

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 01:05:17 +0200

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 07:07:44PM -0800, Michael Perry wrote:
> > I'm running at 32 bpp all the time here on my T23 (XFree86 from Debian
> > unstable, now Xorg from Ubuntu hoary).  Occasionally (e.g. if I try to
> > start a second X server on a different virtual console) the colours get
> > all garbled and reboot the only way to fix the situation.
>=20
> Could you post the refresh parts of your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file as
> well as your color depths?  I want to compare them against what i have.

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Generic Monitor"
        HorizSync       28-49
        VertRefresh     43-72
        Option          "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "S3 Inc. SuperSavage IX/C SDR"
        Monitor         "Generic Monitor"
        DefaultDepth    24
        # ... omitting depths 1, 4, 8, 15, 16 ...
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           24
                Modes           "1024x768"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

> You're just using the stock savage S3 driver in both?

Yep.

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "S3 Inc. SuperSavage IX/C SDR"
        Driver          "savage"
        BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

HTH,