[ltp] thinkpad with external monitor howto (2001FP)

Shaw Vrana linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:13:05 -0800

On Tuesday 15 February 2005 01:59 pm, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:08:15 -0800, Shaw Vrana <shawv@comcast.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > Another ModeLine Calculator seems pretty good:-
> > >
> > > http://delenn.tky.hut.fi/amlc/
> >
> > In the meantime, I've setup my thinkpad key to toggle between the sizes
> > I've got setup, so switching to 1024x768 isn't that painful.. :)
>
> Oh.  I though you were not able to get 1024x768.  If I understand you
> right I think you have done the most that's currently possible for
> waht I think you were looking to do.

As I mostly use the laptop at work without the external monitor attached, I
was looking for the default display to be set to 1024x768.  Currently X
always goes to 1600x1200, and I've got to toggle back down after login so
that I don't have to scroll madly all over the place.

Thanks,
Shaw