[ltp] Re: Problems with Power-OFF

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:28:05 +1300

--nextPart3354381.x0ex0hUav3

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:17, Dirk Deimeke wrote:

> I think I try downloading the kernel-DEBs from unstable and try to install
> them. If this does not work, I try to update to unstable or wait to get S=
id
> in testing ...

I suspect I understand what you mean - that you will wait for the packages=
=20
currently in Sid to be put into testing...

But Sid will never be put into testing.  Debian names it's versions after=20
characters in the movie 'Toy Story', hence 'Potato', 'Slink', 'Woody',=20
'Sarge'.

But the one character that can never be the name of a released version is=20
'Sid' (the troubled boy character in 'Toy Story').  Sid will never be stabl=
e.

It's a Debian joke, just in case you didn't know.

Regards,
Bret