[ltp] T40(2373-MU3) and external LCD: dual head w/ VMWare

Michael Stuyt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:35:49 -0800

Hello,

I am finally getting an external display for home ( 20" LCD w/ 1600 x ?
mas resolution ), and I have a question about setup of dual-heal w/
VMWare.  My thinking is to use VMWare ( running in full screen) exported
out to the external monitor and then having the standard Linux desktop
on the T40 display.  Am I looking at running a dual-head setup or would
I reality be running a separate Xserver, to handle the VMWare image
taking over the display?  I currently run Fedora Core 2 w/ the bundled
xserver and my T40 has the Radeon 9000.

Cheers,

MAS