[ltp] T42 battery discharging time

Uwe Walter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:54:35 +0100

On Mi, 2005-02-16 at 20:32 +0100, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> When I use X though, my battery barely work for 1,5 hour. The max=20
> capacity of the battery is 45000 mWh and the discharging rate when=20
> using X is around 35000mW thus giving me an autonomy of around 1h15.

I assume you have the small battery (not sticking out at the back),
right? The 9-cell (which is the one, IBM claims the 5h usage time)
should have around 70000mWh capacity.

But anyhow, you might want to improve your setup to save some power.
There should be plenty of hints and howtos in the web, the thinkwiki,
the list archive etc.

Some keywords:
Speedstep, ACPI (especially C3 mode), Graphic powermanagement, low
display brightness, less I/O (wifi/net/HD)...

> Can other users of the same model confirm these data?

http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2005-February/02=
3986.html

Gru=DF, UW(e)