[ltp] T42/FC3 - cannot Num-Lock

Kelvin KAN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 02:19:27 +0800

Hi there,

I am not sure if related to the latest fglrx-8.10.19 or not, I just
found I cannot turn on the numeric keypad (shift NumLk) - the left-most
/1\ LED does not lit, and pressing the UIO-JKL-M keys does not output
any numeric chars.   One of the most obvious consequences is I cannot
switch resolution under X by Ctrl.Alt.+/-, w/o Num-Lock.   I believe not
h/w problem because NumLock functions well under WinXP.

On the first Gnome session after fglrx-8-10.19 installation, it did warn
me the keyboard setting is diff from the default of Gnome and prompt me
to select the current or Gnome default (forgot exact wordings), and I
chose Gnome default.

Any clues?

Thanks!
-