[ltp] Sound in FC3 (udev)

Jo Jo linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:00:23 -0500

>>Thanks Wes.  What are the lines in your modules.conf (or modprobe.conf)
>>for the sound driver.
>

>Here's what I have:
>
>alias char-major-116 snd
>alias char-major-14 soundcore
>options snd major=116 cards_limit=2
>alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
>alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
>alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
>alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
>alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
>alias /dev/dsp* snd-pcm-oss
>above snd-pcm snd-pcm-oss
>above snd-mixer snd-mixer-oss
>above snd-seq snd-seq-oss snd-seq-midi
>alias snd-card-0 snd-cs4236
>alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
>options snd-cs4236 index=0 id=CARD_0 port=0x530 cport=0x538 sb_port=0x220
>fm_port=0x388 irq=5 dma1=1 dma2=0 mpu_port=0x330 mpu_irq=9 enable=1
>

>The most important part is the second options line.  It is probably wrapped
>so know that the last line starts out "options" and ends with "enable=1".
>If you use distro ALSA modules they usually have ISAPNP compiled in so you
>would also need "isapnp=0" on that last line.  I compile ALSA drivers from
>Debian's alsa-source package so I have ISAPNP configured out.

I put that into my /etc/modprobe.conf, but all I got were errors about the
"above" (wrong syntax it seems) and it didn't understand "isapnp=0" at the
end of the options line. No, that line wasn't wrapped when I put it in. I
also compiled the cs4236 as a module, and didn't burn it into the kernel.
What do I do now?

Don't just Search. Find! http://search.sympatico.msn.ca/default.aspx The new
MSN Search! Check it out!