[ltp] T22: tpctl: BIOS error 0xa6 ?

Stefan Förster linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:04:25 +0100

Hi,

I get the following error message when starting tpctl from the shell:

Stefan2:~/incoming# tpctl --all
tpctl: SMAPI BIOS error 0xa6 ("(error code not recognized)") -- exiting.

I also tried "configure-thinkpad" which reports an "unknown error" and
"error 116" resp.

Any ideas ?

My machine is a T22, Debian sid, Kernel 2.6.10-3.

I also have to create /dev/thinkpad/thinkpad manually:
    #mkdir --mode=755 /dev/thinkpad
    #mknod --mode=664 /dev/thinkpad/thinkpad c 10 170
    #chown root:thinkpad /dev/thinkpad/thinkpad
It's deleted every time I reboot. I think it has to do something with udev...

tpb also refuses to work. Maybe for the same reason ? tpb gets started
by X as it should. When I start it manually it doesn't report any
errors. But no onscreen-display and also the Thinkpad button doesn't
work.

Stefan