[ltp] PATCH: radeon LCD plus DVI support

Matthias Himber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:13:37 +0100

--nextPart2284986.EBIuW7E9aT

> Let me know how it goes.  I don't have the hardware to test myself.

It works... I think. My external Monitor (a Hyunday ImageQuest Q17 Flatpane=
l)=20
is extremely picky when it comes to video modes, and I never could get X to=
=20
calculate working modelines for it. I managed to get it working with the=20
"MonitorLayout" "TMDS, NONE" hack mentioned previously on this list, but on=
ly=20
after I added the standard VESA modelines into my xorg.conf and forced X to=
=20
use them through the "IgnoreEDID" option. There seems to be no way to force=
=20
the radeon driver to use an exact modeline specified for the second monitor=
,=20
at least I haven't found one in about two hours of trying and searching=20
through the manpages. I found that the only modes I can get to work on the=
=20
external display as well are 640x480 an 1400x1050 (which the Q17 doesn't ev=
en=20
support!). Also, trying to turn off DDC altogether and creating all modes=20
manually failed because the internal panels modes are not obtained through=
=20
DDC, but through the BIOS, and I found no way to disable that.
However, thanks for the patch! It's a start at the very least, and I had=20
already given up all hope of ever getting useful DVI output out of the=20
Thinkpad.
Regards,
	Matthias