[ltp] PATCH: radeon LCD plus DVI support

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:05:04 -0500

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:13:37 +0100, Matthias Himber <mhimber@gmx.net> wrote:
> > Let me know how it goes.  I don't have the hardware to test myself.
>
> It works... I think. My external Monitor (a Hyunday ImageQuest Q17 Flatpanel)
> is extremely picky when it comes to video modes, and I never could get X to
> calculate working modelines for it. I managed to get it working with the
> "MonitorLayout" "TMDS, NONE" hack mentioned previously on this list, but only
> after I added the standard VESA modelines into my xorg.conf and forced X to
> use them through the "IgnoreEDID" option. There seems to be no way to force
> the radeon driver to use an exact modeline specified for the second monitor,
> at least I haven't found one in about two hours of trying and searching
> through the manpages. I found that the only modes I can get to work on the
> external display as well are 640x480 an 1400x1050 (which the Q17 doesn't even
> support!). Also, trying to turn off DDC altogether and creating all modes
> manually failed because the internal panels modes are not obtained through
> DDC, but through the BIOS, and I found no way to disable that.
> However, thanks for the patch! It's a start at the very least, and I had
> already given up all hope of ever getting useful DVI output out of the
> Thinkpad.
> Regards,
>         Matthias

you might want to try again (if you haven't already) with the latest
updated version I posted (same link):
http://www.botchco.com/alex/xorg/crtc_to_output.patch
I wasn't handling the crtc FP shadow registers correctly in the last
patch.  I don't have binaries of this version yet, but I can generate
them tonight if there is interest.

Also, I'd be interested in seeing your log.

Thanks,

Alex