[ltp] 600e PIII upgrade under linux

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:41:56 -0500

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:45:40 +0000, in alt.comp.thinkpad-linux-list you =
wrote:

>I threw together a kernel module to enable the L2 cache on a 600e that =
has=20
>been upgraded with a PIII 750mhz MMC-2, if anyone is interested.

I would be curious as to your source of these and other info on this. It =
was my
understanding the 600e had only a 450 option to upgrade.

I am slowly refurbing a 600e given to me with various items, and this is =
one I
may consider.

Any one had any success with this module under Knoppix V3.7?

Also what kind of success with this upgrade under wimpdoze, as I will be =
using a
diual boot of Knoppix and wimpdoze.