[ltp] Numlk on a A31p

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:39:54 -0500

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 00:26, after a long battle with technology,
Senectus . wrote:
> I can't seem to get my numlk to work at all under ubuntu.. is anyone
> else aware of linux and numlk issues?

This needs to go into the FAQ.  As I've posted several times before,
Thinkpads use a weird keycode for Num_Lock.  Do this:

xmodmap -e 'keycode 77 = Num_Lock'

...and it'll work properly.  Put that xmodmap command into
~/.kde/Autostart/ or wherever your desktop environment starts things.
It still won't be that useful, since the keys aren't straight like a
real number pad, but you'll be able to switch resolutions with
Ctrl-Alt-(keypad +) if you didn't know about "xvidtune -next".

--
   Seemingly ordinary humans transform into rage-fueled sarcasm
   dispensers.  I love it!  --Patrick Shaughnessy