[ltp] Radeon and ACPI S3 on 2373-9FU

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 07:42:58 +0100

Steffen Dreise wrote:
> Sorry first but im a litle bit confused a this time.
>
> Sould it be possible to get acpi, kernel 2.6.11-r4 and ati-drivers
> working with the howto from bob alexander? I ask this because i wont
> paste time to get this never ending story working ;( But iv there is a
> possible solution i would like to here ;)
>
>  System Information
>                 Manufacturer: IBM
>                 Product Name: 2373GTG
>                 Version: ThinkPad T42p
>                 Serial Number: xxxx
>                 Wake-up Type: Power Switch
>
> Base Board Information
>                 Manufacturer: IBM
>                 Product Name: 2373GTG
>                 Version: Not Available
>                 Serial Number: xxxx
>
> Any information missing?
>
> regards,
> red

Steffen,
you have all info you need.

You really need only the 2373GTG string which you must edit into the so
called "05 patch" before you apply it to the kernel. The other info are
only "cosmetic".

Religiously follow the sequence or patches will fail.

I personally have a very functional, stable and power savvy system with
this setup.

The only problem I am having is with my Palm on USB but it should be
unrelated.

Good luck,
Bob