[ltp] slow irda when hotsyncing palm to T40

Fabrice Bellet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:31:03 +0100

Hi!

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 11:07:48AM +0100, Uwe Walter wrote:
> On Mo, 2005-02-21 at 11:08 +0100, Fabrice Bellet wrote:
> > Any hints are welcome :-)
>
> Sorry, I have no good one. The only small advice I can offer is that cou
> could try to fiddle with the discovery settings of irattach.
>
> The last time I made some experiments with the palm and irda, hotsync
> duration was different with discovery on or off.

Disabling or enabling the IrDA discovery doesn't have any effect for me.
After looking at the protocol a bit more, it seems related to whether
the laptop assumes the role of primary or secondary station during
connection negociation with the palm, like described in the irLAP protocol
(IrDA is half-duplex, so a secondary is authorized to speak on the link
by the primary). hotsync is reasonably fast only when the laptop is the
primary station.

Best wishes,
--
fabrice