[ltp] T42 battery discharging time

Eric Van Buggenhaut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:27:43 +0100

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 12:00 +0100, Bob Alexander wrote:
> Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> >>Look at mine (T40). You will see 20W with my 1400x1050 panel at full
> >>brightness under KDE, the CPU at 1.6MHz, 1 GB RAM, hear the fan humming.
> >>

> >Are you using DynamicCloks with X ?
> >

> No I dont.
>
> BTW, when on battery the consumption is around 14W probably due to the
> LCD brightness attenuation.
>
> Bob
>
> PS I am using Debian's X not X.org.

Hi again,

I'm still investigating this. With brightness at minimum, no hungry
process running, I get this consumption rate:

[eric@atto:~/job/medialab/BD/php]$ cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state
present:                 yes
capacity state:          ok
charging state:          discharging
present rate:            35427 mW
remaining capacity:      45740 mWh
present voltage:         11825 mV

which is _huge_. I'm wondering whether it could be the X driver the
cause of it. In fact shutting down X drops the rate to ~15W.
How much do you consume without X ?
What X driver are you using ? I'm with radeon.

Thanks

--
Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT
Eric.VanBuggenhaut@AdValvas.be