[ltp] INTEL PRO 2200BG 802.11 b/g wireless LAN mini-PCI card

s p linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:53:03 +0000

Hello.

I would like to upgrade a ThinkPad T41 2373-6U6 to wireless LAN. Before
I commit myself to buying the wrong mini-PCI card, I would be interested
in reading about anyone else's experience with this. Presently, I'm
leaning towards an Intel Pro 2200BG 802.11 b/g wireless LAN mini-PCI,
having read about some of the trouble the IBM atheros chip can cause for
Linux. This, however, is not as simple as I'd like it to be, as I'm
aware that not all Intel Pro 2200BG mini-PCI wlan cards are suitable for
ThinkPads. Which should I get, and which should I avoid? On the other
hand, should I instead keep to the IBM 11a/b/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI
Adapter? Many thanks in advance for your advice and/or opinions.

Sam.