[ltp] T42 battery discharging time

Uwe Walter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:48:53 +0100

On Mi, 2005-02-23 at 14:27 +0100, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> I'm still investigating this. With brightness at minimum, no hungry
> process running, I get this consumption rate:
> present rate:            35427 mW

Eric, you are BURNING power..!

I don't even seem to be able to reach this power consumption (*).

ACPI, X.org 6.8.1, DynamicClocks, low brightness ~14,5-16W
 " , max brightness <21W

"full throttle" (CPU to 2GHz, Wifi on), max brightness <27W

and this should be an even more hungry machine than yours (T42p here,
2GHz, 1600flexview, etc...).

Among the biggest power consumers are surely CPU, GPU and display.
How about your speedstep configuration? Everything setup properly? CPU
speed going down to 600MHz, when it is unused?

Greetings, UW(e)

(*) However, the measurements are not to be taken as accurate readings.
The ACPI interface seems to use some averaging algorithms and might be a
bit off...