[ltp] T42 battery discharging time

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:53:20 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Uwe Walter wrote:

> On Mi, 2005-02-23 at 14:27 +0100, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> > I'm still investigating this. With brightness at minimum, no hungry
> > process running, I get this consumption rate:
> > present rate:            35427 mW
>
> Eric, you are BURNING power..!
>
> I don't even seem to be able to reach this power consumption (*).

Maybe the difference is in device drivers loaded?  IIRC some devices power
down when their driver's not loaded.

> (*) However, the measurements are not to be taken as accurate readings.
> The ACPI interface seems to use some averaging algorithms and might be a
> bit off...

LEO:  Now is not a good time to photocopy your butt and staple
it to your boss' face, oh no.  Eat a bucket of tuna-flavored pudding
and wash it down with a gallon of strawberry Quik.  -- Weird Al