[ltp] Unable to resume from suspend to ram on a T23

Michael Perry linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:55:32 -0800

Ben Wall wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> This may be a dumb question, but I've searched the archives & README's &
> haven't been able to puzzle this one out. So:
> I'm running Slackware 10.0 with kernel 2.6.10 and ibm_acpi 0.10. I've
> set up the events & actions as specified both here & in the ibm_acpi
> README. My machine goes to sleep just fine using Fn-F4, but it will not
> wake again - period. The only thing that brings it back is a hard reboot.
> I have tried altering the suspend script to turn off uhci_hcd,
> hotplugging, and pcmcia, altogether, each separately, and in different
> combinations, but still get the same result.
> Any ideas about how to keep my laptop from being such a sound sleeper
> would be most welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben Wall

Hi Ben-

Just want to make sure that you have the latest bios and stuff for the
T23.  There are a few things I am just recreating here for my T23 with
the latest bios including:

1) I had problems with 2.6.10 until I patched the acpi with the latest
release from acpi.sf.net.

2) The ibm_acpi in the kernel is 0.8 and perhaps its just my faulty
memory but before I thought hotkeys like Fn-F4 just worked.  This time I
had to write event scripts and handlers to get the hotkeys working.

3) I have the T23 doing lid close suspends and resumes just fine here.

For reference, my T23 will suspend using Fn-F4 and it will also resume
but before doing the latest acpi patch, the Fn-F4 key seemed to not
work.  My kernel .config for 2.6.10 includes the patches for acpi and I
removed the 0.8 ibm_acpi module and self-compiled a later one.  I am
running the latest bios from ibm.com and there is another package I
always get wrong that seemed to help.

If you would like to see all my handlers, scripts, and config2610 please
let me know. Others on the list have used my scripts and stuff, and the
T23s have worked pretty well when the bios is upgraded.  As a matter of
note, before doing the bios upgrade, my T23 would lock down and get a
kernel panic on lost interrupt handlers.  I have not seen that
particular error in awhile.  Its still a work in progress though :)

--
Michael Perry | do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org