[ltp] Re: Linux-Thinkpad digest, Vol 1 #812 - 35 msgs

Frank R Dana Jr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:34:18 -0800 (PST)

---  Michael Perry <mperry@lnxpowered.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately, my daughter somehow tangled up the power cord on my
> T23
> and it went flying off the table onto the floor.  [...]

Seems like you should be trying to have the daughter repaired, not
the laptop. ;)

> The other thing I would like
> done
> is to have wifi antennas installed inside the screen element.

Does your T23 not already have an antenna? In my reading on the docs
of the T2x series, that seemed to be the chief difference between my
T22 and the T23: the T23 is "WiFi-ready" with built-in antenna. It
looks like there may have been some types without wifi antennas, but
it was also possible to get wifi-ready T23's that came with the
antenna but without the wifi card itself.

Checking the IBM support site info for your specific machine type
should tell you if it already has an antenna.

-FeRD