[ltp] Last desperate attempt to show off my Debian Thinkpad at a conference

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:32:32 +0100

Alex Deucher wrote:
> what config/mode/refresh actually does work for getting a stable image
> on the projector?
> you may be able to use xvidtune to tweak the other modes.
>
> Alex

Alex hello.

The XF86Config I use is the one at the start of this thread.

To put it simply:

When I use the xinerama server layout the projector shows nice

When I use the mergedfb no matter what I do the projector looks unsynced

The screen, monitor and device are the same in both cases.

The two serverlayouts are as follows:

Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier      "single"
         Screen          "IBM T40 LCD Screen"
         InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
         InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
         InputDevice     "Generic Mouse"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier      "xinerama"
         Screen          0 "IBM T40 LCD Screen" 0 0
         Screen          1 "IBM T40 external Screen" RightOf "IBM T40
LCD Screen"        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
         InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
         Option          "Xinerama" "On"
EndSection

thank you and to all the list
Bob

PS In the following lines please note that the external screen
vertrefresh is what I read from Xfree log ... I tried pinning both this
and the internal screen to 50, then 60 Hz and to 1024x768 but without
any visible change

PPS I will be away starting from now, traveling, for 10 days. Read you
when I return.

Section "Device"
         Identifier      "ATI Radeon Mobility 9000 M9 internal Device"
         Driver          "ati"
         Option          "Accel"
         Option          "AGPMode"               "4"
         Option          "EnablePageFlip"        "1"
         Option          "HWCursor"              "1"
         Option          "DDCMode"               "yes"
         # broken ## Option          "AGPFastWrite"          "1"
         Option          "MergedFB" "On"
         #Option         "CRT2Position" "Clone"
         Option          "CRT2Position" "LeftOf"
         Option          "CRT2HSync" "31-69"
         Option          "CRT2VRefresh" "50-85"
         Option          "MetaModes" "1400x1050-1024x768"
         BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
         Screen          0
EndSection

Section "Device"
         Identifier      "ATI Radeon Mobility 9000 M9 dac Device"
         Driver          "ati"
         Option          "Accel"
         Option          "AGPMode"               "4"
         Option          "EnablePageFlip"        "1"
         Option          "HWCursor"              "1"
         Option          "DDCMode"               "yes"
         Option          "CloneMode" "1024x768"
         BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
         Screen          1
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
         Identifier      "T40 LCD Monitor"
         HorizSync       30-65
         VertRefresh     50-75
         Option          "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
         Identifier      "T40 external"
         HorizSync       31-69
         VertRefresh     50-85
         Option          "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
         Identifier      "IBM T40 LCD Screen"
         Device          "ATI Radeon Mobility 9000 M9 internal Device"
         Monitor         "T40 LCD Monitor"
         DefaultDepth    24
         SubSection "Display"
                 Depth           24
                 Modes           "1400x1050" "1280x1024" "1024x768"
         EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
         Identifier      "IBM T40 external Screen"
         Device          "ATI Radeon Mobility 9000 M9 dac Device"
         Monitor         "T40 external"
         DefaultDepth    24
         SubSection "Display"
                 Depth           24