[ltp] R40 Battery life

shorty linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 22:16:50 +1000

I have only just gotten around to getting acpi working on my R40. Its a
1.5 Mhz processor and was just wondering what battery life other people
are getting out of there R40's. (mines a 2722 GDM) I can only get about
2.5 hours out of mine. Am running debian with a 2.6.10 kernel, ibm-acpi,
and ondemand cpu governer. TP suspends fine and wakes up good to without
much fiddling on my behalf, but battery drain is a problem.Lasts about
10 hrs in suspend. Is there a better cpu governer out there in your
opinion. Ondemand knocks mine back to about 600Mhz most of the time. Was
easy to set up too. Also wondering if there are drivers for the ibm a/b
wirless card.
Cheers.

--
shorty <short101@dodo.com.au>