[ltp] T40, ipw2100 and Ubuntu

Matthew Gregg linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:50:37 -0500

Having a problems with slow wireless network connectivity and what
looks like the driver reseting.  I have an orinocco card that works
great in the T40 with my access point, but I would really like to use
the built in card.  The ipw2100 gets an IP from DHCP, and I can access
the network, but very slowly.  Quite regularly I see the nic status
icon in the tray loose all signal strength, for a few seconds then
come back to 100%, which is what has me thinking the driver /card it
resetting.  I don't see any visible signs in the logs when the reset
occurs.   Anyone have any ideas what's going on or at least how to
better diagnose?
Thanks.

--
D'oh!