[ltp] R40 Battery life

shorty linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:45:38 +1000

On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 15:08 -0500, John M Flinchbaugh wrote:
> I've replied with all my useful bits of information on the LTP list, but
> I'd like to additionally offer to further compare notes on any other
> issues.  It sounds like you're running a very similar machine and
> Debian configuration to mine, so you may be trying to do many of the
> things I'm trying.
>
> My Debian/R40 notes are here:
> http://www.hjsoft.com/blog/link/Linux_on_ThinkPad_R40_2897-B4U and in
> other little articles in the "Thinkpad R40" topic.
>
> If you get around to playing with swsusp in the kernel, let me know what
> you're experience is.  When using ACPI and swsusp, I get freezes
> occassionally within 10 minutes of resuming.  With a bit of help, I've
> determined that it doesn't happen if I disable ACPI, but I'm still
> working to debug it.  If you try it and figure out any new information,
> I'd be greatly appreciative.  Thanks.
>
> Have fun with your notebook.  I hope my laptop-mode tip in the list
> email proves useful.

Thanks John. Havent come across your laptop mode tip yet but will look
it up. (have only just started reading the archives) Havent used the
swsusp, just using software suspend2 at the moment. Having a few probs
with that too, but as I dont use it very often (mostly just sleep) I
havent gotten around to fixing it yet.

cheers
shorty