[ltp] R31 article, Linux on a T43?

Chris Guirl linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:42:54 -0500

Hi,
This is my first post on this list. I have been over the archives before
and found that this is a great resource for Thinkpad information. I
attend Clemson University which, for the last four years or so, has been
reselling various models of Thinkpad to its students, even requiring
Computer Engineering students to have some sort of laptop. I got a
Thinkpad R31 a few years ago when I started here, and of course the
first thing I did was install Linux. Since then I've read countless
articles on the R31+Linux and finally decided to write my own article
based on my experiences. Here it is:

<http://learn.clemsonlinux.org/wiki/Laptops:IBM_Thinkpad_R31>

Please have a look at this and tell me what you think. In fact it's on a
wiki, so if you would like to add, correct or clarify any of the
information there, feel free to click "edit" and do so.

Also, next year's "big buy" laptop for the school will be the Thinkpad
T43. Computer Engineering majors will now not only be required to buy a
laptop of some sort but also to at least dual-boot Linux. I know the T43
is not yet sold in mainstream outlets, but does anyone here have one and
have you run Linux on it? I run the Linux User Group here, and we will
be helping the majority of new CpE students get Linux set up on their
laptops. Any information you could provide would help us a lot. Thanks

Chris Guirl
CLUG - <http://clemsonlinux.org>