[ltp] Re: hard disk spindown related lockups

Shannon McMackin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 01:32:30 -0500

I've seen behavior similar to this on my T41 running RHEL4 with a custom
2.6.10 kernel.  Also, no corruption after.  The system is totally
unusable at this point and only a hard, cold boot brings it back.  I may
have also seen this in FC3 with a 2.6.10 kernel.  Think I was on
adapter, but know that it's happened once on battery.